10novate is seeking an Instructional System Designer (ISD) to provide part-time support in implementing a solution that enhances a meaningful Government mission of aviation training in support of natural resources and firefighting activities. Work is performed at your site with collaboration from a project team in Northern Virginia.
Responsibilities: The ISD will be responsible for designing and developing online training course materials. The ISD will be working with a team to include programmer, graphic artist, and instructional technologist. The ISD must have demonstrated experience with Adobe Captivate. Detailed responsibilities:
• Apply proven instructional design principles to convert and/or design and develop engaging online course designs and instructional materials
• Design, author, and edit exercises, assessments, templates, graphics and audio/visual materials for use in online training
• Use Adobe Captivate to enhance courseware interactivity, design and graphic appearance
• Apply the ADDIE instructional design methodology
• Write and communicate professional training materials in the English language
• Assist in troubleshooting and solution development/implementation
• Remain current in industry trends and related technology
• Provide thorough and detailed quality assurance of all course material
• Provide outstanding collaboration and communication in visual, oral, and written form
• Work closely with client, subject matter experts and project management to develop online course designs and templates from classroom/instructor-led models
• Manage day-to-day client relationships and communications and represent 10novate at client progress meetings and briefings
• Prepare progress reports and client briefings
• Prepare quality project deliverables
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or related area desired
• Minimum of five years’ experience
• Demonstrated alignment with professional competencies for instructional design
• Demonstrated experience with ADDIE and SAM instructional design methodologies
• Proficiency with Adobe Captivate
• Advance writing and editing skills
• Experience in creating original, interactive learning content
• Experience in the performance of all aspects of instructional design for classroom and e-Learning and Distributed Learning environments to include management of client deliverables within scheduling requirements against defined milestones and deadlines.
• Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and individual research/collaboration with course/content SMEs
• Demonstrated experience authoring and editing of e-Learning materials using Captivate
• Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web usability standards and practices.
Why Work Here?10novate develops software and security solutions that deliver measurable improvement in performance and value.
Growing start-up, opportunity to telework, an organization with purpose!