Summary: Performs a variety of cleaning and floor care duties at commercial, retail and/or industrial facilities. Follows the scope of services as outlined by the customer, as scheduled by the Area Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and cleans all floor surfaces, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Collects and disposes of paper and rubbish.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and other objects
- Cleans, monitors and maintains restrooms, fitting rooms, corridors, store entrance areas, and escalators.
- Empties trash receptacles for proper disposal; use of compactor for certain materials
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using appropriate cleaners and equipment
- Spot clean carpets; assist in carpet extractions and shampooing
- Replenishes paper products and sanitary supplies.
- Assist with the removal and spreading of deicing products at all store entranceways and sidewalks; shoveling as required.
- Follows housekeeping schedule outlined by the immediate supervisor.
- Use of heavy cleaning equipment, such as floor scrubbers, burnishes, backpack vacuums and buffers. Some locations may require power washers to clean sidewalks and entrance areas.
- Other duties may be assigned, as required by the scope of work or customer needs.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with established disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Thoroughness, dependability, tact, and courtesy; ability to work in a team environment and good judgment.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience cleaning in a commercial environment, often acquired by work experience.
- Must be 18 years or older
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- FULL TIME
- $12.00 per hour based on exp.
- 40 hours per week (Sunday-Saturday)
- Questions? Call/Text 224-277-4753
PHYSICAL DEMANDS This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 25 lbs., with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Other physical demands that are required are, reaching, climbing, stooping and or kneeling, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling, writing and seeing.
Diversified Maintenance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.