This position will work with clients, which are primarily financial institutions, of all sizes across the nation to manage the information security program and ensure regulatory requirements are met. Our program is mature, well-vetted and follows FFIEC/GLBA guidelines along with best practices. This unique position allows ISOs to use their IT security experience and knowledge to help others across the country. National, regional and local travel is possible, but kept short in duration.
- Experience with Network Support/Administration;
- Strong verbal and written technical/non-technical communication skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Project management and multitasking skills;
- Ability to work independently and on a team;
- A comprehensive understanding of:
- Risk Management;
- Network Security;
- Information Security Program (Policies & Procedures);
- Experience reading penetration test and vulnerability assessments reports;
- Good understanding of audit functions and security controls;
- Relevant Information Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA;
- Strong people skills;
- Professional appearance and mind set;
- Experience in the Financial Industry or other highly regulated industries is a plus.
- Develop security policies for the institutions.
- Communicate and work with other members of the institution on other types of IT related projects.
- Complete and review Risk Assessments as they pertain to the information security of the institution.
- Travel as needed to client sites. Total travel time will vary over time depending on client locations and needs; however, is usually between 30% and 40% during normal business days.
- Research and stay informed of new technology, standards, and financial industry regulations.
- Assist in the development of new processes and procedures to improve security.
- Develop and lead security-related training for the institution.
- Public speaking opportunities may also exist.