Take a moment to consider this opportunity with a brand new start-up organization. 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Southern Fairfield & Westchester Counties is a new member of the 1-800 WATER DAMAGE National franchise network, a part of the Belfor family of companies. The successful candidate for this position will have an opportunity to demonstrate their leadership and contribute to the creation of a new and strong workplace culture. If you have experience and desire the opportunity to be a part of building a successful team of professionals apply today.
The ideal Water Damage Specialist-Intermediate has five (5) objectives: 1) to act as head of the water damage team that deals with residential losses and small commercial losses; 2) demonstrated knowledge and technical competence in IICRC's standard work practices on water and mold damage; 3) competence in the use, care and maintenance of water extraction equipment, portable drying equipment and moisture detection instruments; and 4) ability to determine the extent, dimension and distribution of moisture, and to document water losses 5) ability to monitor and document activities throughout a mitigation event.
Specialist-Intermediate provide assistance in the development of basic level technicians and assists advanced technicians in complex or large-scale projects. To qualify for this position, you must have 24 months of previous experience in the Basic Level of Water Damage in 1-800 WATER DAMAGE or equivalent standard experience in the sector, as well as having directly participated in (at least) 25 water damage projects.
- Supervise and self-perform Water Damage Basic tasks
- Document jobs with color photos and download to job files
- Maintain equipment used in daily tasks related to Debris removal; Containment/Drying Chambers; Wall Cavity Drying; Pump System Knowledge; Carpet seam cutting -- cushion removal; Baseboard Removal
- Properly identify Class 4 material, moisture measurements, and deploy most effective technique to dry/restore the material
- Evaluate integrity of affected structural materials and contents for direct and indirect water damage; accurately assess the cost of restoring vs cost of replacement.
- Create moisture maps using tools and knowledge provided
- Supervise small crews on above tasks
- Additional duties as required
- Working knowledge of IICRC S500 Water Damage Standard
- Working knowledge of IICRC S520 Mold Remediation Standard
- Carry current IICRC WRT designation (preferred)
- Must demonstrate proper use of appropriate meters and IR camera, understanding of affected vs unaffected building materials and contents
- Demonstrate ability to draw a sketch, read floor plan, complete a Moisture Content Log, complete a Pychrometric Log and determine drying goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of air mover calculation, LGR dehumidification chart; electrical power spec and electrical circuits
- Demonstrate mastery in the use of HydroSensor, Thermal Hygrometer, NavPro Moisture Meter or equivalent and the recording of data
- Experience with Truck mount extraction systems, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience supervising small crews on Residential/Commercial and Industrial losses
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Southern Fairfield & Westchester Counties vehicle policy
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluency
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and time
- Must be able to receive the instructions provided by the Supervisor.
- Direct the teams in the use of the right PPE for the job.
- Review the daily requirements of projects, document progress and notify managers of progress and challenges encountered.
- Provide appropriate field documentation, photographic records, charts and sketches for various TPA projects.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle safety and maintenance and keep these clean and in perfect conditions of use.
- Attention to details.
- The professional will be obliged to comply with the standards of 1-800 WATER DAMAGE to safeguard the property of other people.
- Must have a deep knowledge of customer service, as well as the principles and practices of this.
- Ability to work with time constraints to meet specific deadlines.
- You may be periodically requested to travel and work at night and during weekends.
- You must inform in a timely and accurate manner about the time worked and the equipment and consumables used.
- Attend the operations sponsored by 1-800 WATER DAMAGE and the security training courses that are necessary.
1-800 WATER DAMAGE