Led by our CEO who was voted one of the country's 50 best CEO's in the United States by Glassdoor, 1-800Accountant is the country's largest virtual accounting firm serving over 40,000 clients. We serve the accounting needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses by providing extraordinary service at an affordable price. We are a next-generation Accounting firm, focused on service and driven by technology! Using our Dedicated Accountant model, we build relationships based on integrity, responsiveness, and solidarity, with the goal of making every client a client for life.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, our staff is a diverse team of seasoned and growing career accountants.
We are expanding our Accounting Services Department to accommodate the needs of our growing client base. We are looking to hire Accounting Services Managers who will oversee a team of accounting staff. This would be an ideal position for an ambitious and resourceful accounting professional who can manage a team of accountants and build relationships with clients.
- Overseeing the monthly financial statements prepared by the team for various clients
- Generating and reviewing progress reports for their respective teams.
- Responsible to ensure monthly financial reports are delivered to the clients on time
- Managing in house and remote staff on day to day performance of their job duties
- Ability to stay on course to meet deadlines and client needs, including reporting
- Ability to handle escalated client issues
- Create, implement and manage processes
- Provide planning and time management recommendations as needed
- Provide feedback and coaching to staff, as needed
Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of managerial experience
- Availability to work extended hours during tax season
- 2 to 3 years of bookkeeping and payroll experience and advanced knowledge of payroll and sales tax
- -Experience with QBD & QBO, Gusto, Xero, Intuit, and/or other comparable platforms
- Comfortable with technology and other various platforms, such as MS Office, video chat software & Google apps, etc
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills with both clients and team members
- Excellent communication, administrative, and organizational skills with attention to detail a must.
- Personable, friendly, and professional demeanor
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in working in public accounting and familiarity with deadlines and extended hours during the busy season
- Comfortable working in an open and collaborative office
- Record of developing strong team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to learn new software and adapt to new processes
- Diverse industry experience with small & medium size businesses
- Proven ability to remain confidential
- Interest in learning and exploring new technologies