Principal Backend Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Described as the "Uber of Content", Social Native is a marketplace technology company that empowers marketers to create, source and optimize authentic visual content in the most efficient way possible. Leveraging the world's first AI-powered creative platform, brands such as Unilever, Adidas, L'Oréal, Crocs and Nestlé Waters partner with Social Native to improve the performance of their paid and organic social strategy with a combination of Influencer Marketing, Custom Content, and Content Editing solutions.
With our acquisition of Olapic, we're changing the way marketers evaluate, refine and optimize their visual content strategy. This move solidifies our goal of delivering an all-in-one platform providing brands with data-driven insights, scales content creation, measures the impact of their work, and optimizes content for even greater results.
As Principal Engineer you will be working with our Product and Engineering teams to build fast, scalable features that provide our customers with access to the multiple sources of content, from UGC to original content from Creators, available on our platform.
- Provide leadership in development of backend architecture, technology choices and engineering strategy for a fast growing business
- Help build a strong technology organization by hiring, coaching, and mentoring a team of senior engineers while contributing hands-on in product development
- Help foster a culture of technical excellence, innovation, and use of cutting edge technology to build performant, scalable systems
- Define and maintain the design & coding guidelines for the engineering org
- Lead end to end feature development, including requirement reviews, design, development, testing and deployment
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as Product Management, Support and Operations in developing & maintaining complex software products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS
- 10+ years of experience designing & implementing distributed, scalable and highly available applications & services in the public cloud
- 5+ years of experience building web services using Node.js (or Java) and TypeScript/JS (or other modern object oriented language)
- 3+ years of experience building containerized applications & micro web services on Docker/Kubernetes platform in the public cloud
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL & No-SQL databases such as MySQL and Cassandra, defining complex DB schemas, maintaining highly performant & scalable database systems
- Expertise in designing resource optimal, cost efficient back-end systems on public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Expertise in working with Caching & Queuing frameworks such as Redis (or Memcached) and Kafka (or RabbitMQ)
- 5+ years of experience leading & mentoring senior / lead software engineers on architecture & development of large scale software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience working with fully remote teams
Nice to Have:
- Working experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana, and GraphQL a plus
- Machine Learning experience with Python, PHP or R a plus
- Start Up experience at a scaling organization
One of the best perks about Social Native is working with amazing talented people! Come see what it's like to work at a fast-paced, venture-backed tech startup. We are looking for smart, driven, fun people that are eager to take ownership of exciting projects and be a part of building something great.
- Attractive health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Competitive compensation structure
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- Casual work environment and fun work culture!
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at -Social Native-