About the Company
#1 American Med Transportation is a non-emergency medical transportation provider serving the greater Sacramento and surrounding areas. Our passion is to provide safe, reliable transportation to our clients with the utmost attention to care and compassion. We transport clients to their appointments at Care Facilities, Hospitals, Dialysis Centers, Therapy Clinics, Pain Management Centers, Doctor’s Offices, and more.
We are currently hiring passionate, people-oriented transportation drivers with a positive can-do attitude. We provide a friendly work environment, flexible schedule and stable income with regular and overtime pay meeting California State standards.
· Transportation Driver- NEMT
· Familiarity with GPS navigation system
· Dependable – reports to work on-time and adheres to company policies and procedures in completing daily tasks successfully
· People-oriented -- likes interacting with people
· Adaptable / Flexible – understands client / business needs while completing job functions
· Independent – requires little direction
· Ability to remain in a seated position for extended periods.
· Ability to lift or push 50lbs [Wheelchair].
· Drivers are responsible for transporting clients safely with compassion and care.
· Clients are transported either ambulatory, or on a wheelchair.
· Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
o Complete vehicle inspection daily and document findings.
o Follow company policies and procedures including real time communication.
o Capture trip times, and obtain client signatures.
o Ensure all passengers have fastened seat belts.
o Operate hydraulic power lift to load wheelchair passengers.
o Properly secure passengers and their wheelchairs to ensure safety and comfort.
- Fluency in verbal and written English Language.
- Must be at least 25 yrs. of age
- Valid Class “C” California Driver’s license
- Current DMV Driver Record [2-3 years of clean CA driving history]
- Successfully Pass
- Drug and Background Screening prior to hiring and randomly thereafter.
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- Alcohol Screenings randomly after hire.
Once hired, successful candidates must PASS the following Online Trainings;
· Defensive Driver Training,
· CPR & First Aid Training,
· HIPAA Training
· PASS Basic Training
· Wheel Chair Securement Training
#1 American Med Transportation