The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful ongoing operation of the enterprise service desk for that respective shift, including incident management and reporting, adherence to SLA’s, interfacing with management across all levels, setting outstanding customer service expectation, timely field communication, root-cause analysis, performance and process improvement and frequent statistical performance monitoring and reporting.
The IT Service Desk Manager must be an excellent communicator, leader, and decision maker, coordinator of critical issues and driver of solutions who excels in a fast-paced environment and provides unparalleled support to the end user base.
AS/BS Degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems, ITIL knowledge and HDI certification preferred with proven experience tracking Service Desk metrics, reports, and supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a busy service desk/call center operation
- Management and support of all staff assigned
- Versed with Service Desk Tools (Service Now preferred) to support automated Service Desk and Service Desk activities.
- Experience monitoring and managing Service Desk queues in a diverse environment including, phone, web, and agent alert ticket initiation
- Versed with generating various statistical reports, as well as analyzing information and implementing process improvements, including ACD monitoring and reports
- Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution and escalation policies and procedures, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
- Monitor, track, benchmark and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and user-satisfaction.
- Analyze performance of individual and team activities and documented solutions, identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future/repeat problems.
- Versed with ITIL processes and ITSM implementations – Service Now
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring
- Develop and implement SOP’s, processes and work flows
- Experienced with establishing staff schedules in a 24/7 operation
- Strong interpersonal, customer relation and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality client support and customer satisfaction
- Experience providing support for applications and infrastructure, e.g. e-mail, MS Office, Windows, desktops etc.
- IT Healthcare Environment
Opportunity for full-time employment – Contractor to Permanent