- Posted: over a month ago
¡VIVA! is a concept by Chef Ray Garcia and in partnership with Las Vegas Restaurateurs, Oliver Wharton and Peter Carrillo, located in Resorts World Las Vegas! The restaurant brings Chef Ray’s passion for executing Mexican cuisine at the highest level in a fun and lively environment at the most iconic casino property to open on the strip in over a decade. Now all we need is YOU!
Being part of Team ¡VIVA! will provide you with an opportunity to work in an environment where you will be a part of the culture. Competitive wages and benefits packages with tremendous growth potential are just the beginning of the perks of being on this team. Come "Viva La Vida” with us.
Core Job Responsibilities:
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef and the Assistant Executive Chef in the daily management of the back of house and personnel functions for assigned venue. The Assistant Chef serves as a role model and mentor to the chefs, line cooks, and kitchen staff and will act as an ambassador for the organization as they promote the employer brand.
Primary Job Duties: – Includes, but is not limited to:
- Work alongside Executive Chef, Assistant Executive Chef and Front of House Management in order to achieve or exceed budgeted labor and other cost centers, through proper planning and execution.
- Manage all aspects of personnel for back of house staff including hiring, training, development, and corrective planning.
- Achieve daily sales and assigned cost goals.
- Oversee weekly/monthly inventories and ordering of food and supplies.
- Assist with food prep, station cooking and plating of food when necessary.
- Manage inventory, purchasing and receiving of both front of house and back of house products.
- Ensure sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhere to all health code regulations and standards.
- Develop menu standards and maintain presentation quality.
- Assist with conducting daily line-ups and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members.
- Ensure team members adhere to ¡VIVA! company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and team member handbook.
- Ensure all ¡VIVA! core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Obtain and maintain position-specific licensing.
- Use personal device/ cellular phone for job related operational tasks, job duties, review company documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of experience within Culinary or a directly related operational area/field.
- At least two years of directly related operational management experience at a similar leadership level.
- Advance knowledge of principles and practices
- Experience in meeting and exceeding VIP guest’ requests and preparing a custom menu on short term notice.
- Ability to write routine reports, purchase orders, menus and correspondences.
- Prior experience of utilizing property management applications (e.g. Purchasing Systems, Kronos, HotSOS, etc.).
- Experience managing collective bargaining agreement(s) work groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to successfully lead and mentor a team.
- Ability to obtain & maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Degree in Culinary Arts or a related field.
- Previous experience in catering and banquet operations.
- Previous experience in a large, luxury resort setting.
¡VIVA! by Ray Garcia at Resorts World
AddressLas Vegas, NV
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?