Serve as owner’s representative and project manager on various large capital projects such as hospital and outpatient facilities. Successful candidate shall work closely with the owner, A/E teams, contractors and other stakeholders to deliver projects on time, within budget and with a high degree of quality. The individual shall work collaboratively with the project team while representing the owner’s interests. Individual shall present themselves in a professional manner at all times and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Owner's program is noted as 4-5 years in duration.
At least eight years of construction and/or project management experience as owner’s representative with all phases of the project life-cycle. Knowledge of Joint Commission guidelines, NFPA 99 & 101, infection control standards for construction, healthcare planning and construction experience in hospital and outpatient clinic environments preferred.
· Work proactively with the project team to deliver projects on time, within budget and with high degree of quality.
· Manage all phases of a project including planning, bidding, construction and closeout.
· Resolve complex issues in a collaborative manner while representing owner’s interests.
· Track scope, schedule and budget with high degree of detail and accuracy.
· Draft solicitations for A/E teams, contractors or specialty subcontractors.
· Represent owner’s interests regarding long-term ease of operation and maintenance during design, construction and commissioning.
· Write detailed progress reports and other project correspondence. Be able to present progress reports orally to oversight boards and management.
· Work with local governmental entities including authorities having jurisdictions, permitting agencies, utilities, etc. to execute projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or architecture. CCM, PMP or ASHE CHC certification a plus.
· Understanding of healthcare construction practices including ILSM controls, risk assessments, construction practices, etc.
· Understanding of healthcare construction codes and standards such as NFPA 99, NFPA 101, Joint Commission, etc.
· Intermediate knowledge of standard software programs such as Microsoft Office suite, e-mail and scheduling software.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
· Experience working in safety-critical work environments typical of construction sites.
· Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
· Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must act with integrity and perform duties in a professional manner at all times