This free Online Teacher job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Online Teacher to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Online Teacher Job Summary
We are looking for an Online Teacher to lead our students in a virtual setting. In this position, you will utilize our e-learning platform to deliver video lectures, upload and assign reading materials, and administer quizzes and tests. You will also facilitate discussions on the class forum to keep your students engaged. Since e-learning can be difficult, you must be available for students who need extra help. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in their subject and an active teaching license. While we prefer teachers who have virtual teaching experience, those who have only worked in physical classrooms are encouraged to apply.
Online Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop individual lesson plans that align with the overall curriculum
- Create or live stream video lectures for your students
- Assign reading, homework, and projects to help your students learn the material
- Administer quizzes and tests over the e-learning platform
- Grade your students on their performance and provide feedback
Online Teacher Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education or your subject
- Valid teaching certificate
- Classroom experience; virtual experience preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency