This free Drone Pilot job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Drone Pilot to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Drone Pilot Job Summary
We are currently seeking a Drone Pilot to oversee the ground and flight operations of an unmanned aircraft system. As part of ground operations, you will perform safety checks and troubleshoot mechanical equipment issues. Your other duties involve making the right decisions at the right time during each flight, which includes taking into account the weather, route, fuel or technical requirements of the UAS, and objective. To apply for this position, you must complete a training or degree program in aviation and have your Remote Pilot Certificate (UAS Part 107 license).
Drone Pilot Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee ground and flight operations
- Remote-pilot a drone, following a specific flight plan or obtaining useful footage
- Conduct flight demonstrations
- Perform pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight safety checks
- Troubleshoot equipment issues
- Ensure compliance with all FAA regulations
Drone Pilot Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of training or a degree in aviation, engineering, or a related field
- Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA (UAS Part 107 license)
- Comfortable operating a UAS in various weather and light conditions
- Hand-eye coordination