This free Basketball Coach job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Basketball Coach to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Basketball Coach Job Summary
We are seeking a Basketball Coach to train and lead our team of student athletes. In this role, you will be working with athletes of varying skill levels, so your first priority is to instill the fundamentals of the game. During the season, you will run daily practices, develop in-game strategies, and actively lead the team during games. This position requires some travel, so you must have the flexibility to attend away games. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field, a teaching certificate, and several years of experience playing and coaching basketball.
Basketball Coach Duties and Responsibilities
- Host tryouts for student athletes
- Lead daily practices to teach players skills and strategy
- Develop in-game strategies and rosters
- Attend both home and away games
- Actively coach and direct players during games
- Perform administrative duties for the team
Basketball Coach Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field
- Experience as a basketball player and coach
- Teacher’s certificate
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Flexibility to travel