What Is a Warehouse Associate and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Warehouse Associate Job?
Warehouse associate jobs are general labor positions in a warehouse. Job duties typically include transporting, stocking, and pulling materials and products. Warehouse associates may be responsible for packing orders, keeping inventory records, and maintaining the warehouse in an orderly fashion.
Top 10 Skills Needed for Warehouse Associates
Do your skills line up with what hiring managers are looking for when they are reviewing resumes for a Warehouse Associate position? ZipRecruiter scanned over 9,000,000 job postings and created a list of the most commonly required abilities for Warehouse Associates below.
Based on our assessment, mastering the skills below and listing them on your resume is critical in getting your Warehouse Associate job application to the top of the stack.
- Warehouse Experience
- Forklift experience
- Loading Experience
- Road Transportation
- Shipping and Receiving
- Pallet Jack
What Are Jobs in a Warehouse?
In a warehouse, there are many jobs that fulfill many needs. Some examples of warehouse jobs include managers, warehouse associates, forklift operators, logistics specialists, shipping and receiving associates, and order pullers.
What Is a Good Warehouse Associate Job Resume?
A good warehouse associate resume highlights the most common requirements warehouse associate employers are seeking. These include a high school diploma, relevant experience, good hand-eye coordination, organizational and listening skills, and physical stamina.
Warehouse Associate Job Description Sample
With this Warehouse Associate job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for a Warehouse Associate role.
We are currently seeking a reliable, hardworking warehouse associate to join our growing organization. In this position, you will perform various warehouse activities as well as receive, input, sort, load, and unload products. You will organize stock, maintain inventory, and process, pack, and ship orders. Keen attention to detail is a must, as you will be inspecting products for defects and reporting damages as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process, pack, and ship orders accurately
- Maintain inventory of products; restock as needed
- Inspect products for damages; report as needed
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse environment
- Receive and appropriately sort and store incoming products
- Prepare products for shipping
- Follow all safety protocol and warehouse procedures
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma preferred
- Proven work experience in a warehouse setting
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, and other
- necessary warehouse equipment
- Ability to skillfully and safely operate a forklift
- Good working knowledge of warehouse data systems
- Solid communication skills and inventory skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity necessary for the work; ability to lift or move at least 40 lbs