What Is a Senior Account Manager and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Senior Account Manager?
How to Become a Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager Job Description Sample
With this Senior Account Manager job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Senior Account Manager position.
Our company seeks a Senior Account Manager with proven relationship management experience to monitor our clients’ needs and ensure they receive products and services on time. In this role, your responsibilities are to manage several accounts while overseeing other account managers on the team. You must closely monitor client portfolios and work to recognize opportunities for increasing company revenue. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing and extensive relevant work experience in business, health care, sales, or advertising.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate relationships with clients to ensure their satisfaction with our products and services
- Review client portfolios and communicate upgrades or other opportunities that may benefit them
- Oversee other account managers and ensure sales goals are met
- Work with the sales department as needed to discover client leads
- Attend trade shows to network with new and existing clients
Requirements and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in business or marketing (preferred)
- At least two years of proven sales or account management experience
- Skills in customer relationship management, proposal writing, and portfolio management
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Experience using CRM software