What Is a Pharmacy Clerk and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Pharmacy Clerk?
How to Become a Pharmacy Clerk
Pharmacy Clerk Job Description Sample
With this Pharmacy Clerk job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Pharmacy Clerk position.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Clerk to provide excellent customer service to our clients. In this position, you will answer phone calls, greet customers, take prescriptions, confirm insurance information, and handle payments when the order is ready. When not working with customers, you will review inventory and help keep our shelves stocked and organized. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of retail or customer service experience, preferably in a pharmacy, and is familiar with medical terminology.
Duties and Qualifications
- Greet customers as they come to the pharmacy
- Answer phone calls
- Collect payment and insurance information
- Give orders to customers
- Keep the shelves organized and clean
- Make regular inventory checks
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Cashier or customer service experience, preferably in a medical or pharmacy setting
- Organizational skills
- Familiarity with medical insurance claims