What Is an Office Manager and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Does an Office Manager Do?
How Do You Become an Office Manager?
What Are the Qualities of a Good Office Manager?
What Is an Office Manager Job Description?
Office Manager Job Description Sample
With this Office Manager job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Office Manager position.
We are seeking a highly organized and responsible office manager to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our organization to keep it running smoothly. You will develop organizational processes and systems for office personnel, including filing, billing, accounts payable, payroll, and scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage scheduling, budgeting, and payroll
- Schedule meetings and appointments; provide reminders to staff when important events are upcoming
- Organize the office layout; order office supplies when needed
- Organize and document office operations and procedures; ensure these procedures are being followed by staff
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time; develop a system for timely automate payment for recurring orders
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with vendors and service providers
- Provide general support to visitors who come into the office
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires, including phones, email setup, computers, etc.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities such as conferences and celebrations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree required; B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience handling office responsibilities, experience in customer service, or related field
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in English-language business writing
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment