What Is an Otr Truck Driver and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is an OTR Truck Driver?
How to Become an OTR Truck Driver
OTR Truck Driver Job Description Sample
With this OTR Truck Driver job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their OTR Truck Driver position.
We need a dedicated and reliable over-the-road (OTR) Truck Driver to join our fleet team. You must be at least 21 years old, have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL), and have no more than three accidents or moving violations on your driving record in the past three years. We prefer candidates with at least one year of OTR experience and the flexibility to take long haul jobs. Some overnights are required. Once hired, you must pass a background check and drug test.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive loads to their destination by the time determined in the contract
- Follow all safety protocols while driving
- Keep accurate documentation for all shipments
- Maintain trucks to ensure they are running properly
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid CDL
- No accidents or moving violations in the last 3 years
- No felony convictions or DUI/DWI in the last 5 years
- Flexible schedule