A marketing assistant is a valuable asset to any marketing team. A marketing assistant helps plan and develop web and print campaigns to drive traffic to website or stores and increase brand awareness. They assist in building sales strategies, promotional marketing, and traditional media advertisements. They work with web analytic tools to monitor user visits and track trends. Marketing assistants will collaborate with their teammates and sales personnel to create sales materials and presentations.
To become a marketing assistant, most candidates start with a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field like statistics. Entry-level positions may require a degree or internship experience. Marketing assistants will work with analytic technology applications, so learning about programs that support web analytics is a good starting point. Marketing assistants need to have strong computer and communication skills.
There are different types of marketing assistant jobs. Some roles are solely for sales support and involve developing and creating sales presentation materials, like videos or slideshows. Other roles involve writing and creating content for social media, email, and digital campaigns. Another type of marketing assistant job involves statistics. The role is dedicated to collecting data for reports, analyzing trends, and compiling strengths and weaknesses in current campaigns.
Marketing assistants work around the country; the top states for marketing assistant jobs on ZipRecruiter are Colorado, Minnesota, South Carolina, Virginia, New York, Kansas, California, and Florida. Marketing assistants work in large corporations and small businesses. Marketing assistants typically work in an office and are supported by a marketing team. They may be asked to represent their company in trade shows, customer events, promotional activities, or in online content, so strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desired.
With this Marketing Assistant job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Marketing Assistant position.
Our firm is looking for an enthusiastic and diligent Marketing Assistant to provide support to our marketing managers and senior marketing professionals. In this role, you will work closely with our staff to produce marketing materials, prepare presentation documents, research industry trends, and gather client data and input it into our database. You will also assist with event planning, scheduling, and other administrative tasks as necessary. Our ideal candidate has some marketing experience and is self-motivated to complete tasks on a deadline with little supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather materials for sales presentations, including proposals, slide decks, and videos
- Design and create marketing materials, such as brochures and mailers
- Assist with promotional activities and organizing customer events
- Track existing marketing campaigns to completion and report on results
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments, including advertising, production, sales, and distribution
- Research and update competitor database to conduct comparative analysis of company performance in the market
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or statistics preferred
- Previous experience in sales and marketing a plus
- Prior administrative roles in an office setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and Indesign
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varied timelines
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills