What Is a Maintenance Technician and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Maintenance Technician?
How to Become a Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician Job Description Sample
With this Maintenance Technician job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Maintenance Technician position.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Maintenance Technician to service our properties. You will be responsible for facility and grounds upkeep and may work alone or with a crew. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of experience performing professional maintenance work, is familiar with a variety of building systems, including plumbing, electrical, and heating systems, and knows how to keep the sidewalks and other structures around our buildings clean and safe. Shifts may vary, so you must have a flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check equipment and perform routine maintenance to ensure everything is in working order
- Repair malfunctioning equipment units and broken structures
- Install and maintain ventilation and refrigeration units
- Respond to tenant repair requests
- Perform light landscaping and groundskeeping work as needed
- Select and contract specialists on larger maintenance related projects
- Advise purchasing manager during new equipment purchases
- Train employees on proper equipment usage
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of maintenance experience preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and heating systems
- Skilled with a variety of hand and power tools
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Flexible schedule