What Is a Leasing Agent and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Leasing Agent?
How to Become a Leasing Agent
How to Be a Good Leasing Agent
Leasing Agent Job Description Sample
With this Leasing Agent job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Leasing Agent position.
Our property management company is looking for a Leasing Agent to join our team! In this role, you are essential to our rental process by advertising open spaces in the building, providing tours to potential residents, processing applications, and completing the lease signing process. If we are at full occupancy, we expect you to promote the building itself, encouraging future tenants to join our waitlist or consider our other properties. This is primarily a sales role, although any experience in property management or apartment leasing is a major plus. While your primary goal is to attract residents that uphold our community standards, we value diversity and expect all our employees to follow the Fair Housing Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide tours of vacant or soon-to-be vacant properties to prospective tenants
- Develop promotional materials to attract new tenants
- Advertise available spaces on social media and other marketing platforms
- Process applications to ensure applicants qualify, including running their credit check and following up with their references
- Negotiate leasing terms or deals
- Assist with general office duties
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate or bachelor’s degree (a plus)
- Sales or marketing skills (preferred)
- Experience with property management software, such as Yardi
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Bilingual communication skills (a plus)
- Organizational skills