What Is an Inside Sales Representative and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is an Inside Sales Representative?
What Skills Do Successful Inside Sales Representatives Have?
Inside Sales Representative Job Description Sample
With this Inside Sales Representative job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Inside Sales Representative position.
Our company needs an Inside Sales Representative to boost our B2B sales. In this role, you are responsible for deal closing, so you need strong negotiation and interpersonal skills. You also need to be comfortable with outbound calling and using customer relationship management (CRM) software. We deal with a high volume of sales, so you should have significant sales experience in a similar environment. Our ideal candidate has a degree in a business-related field, but we are willing to work with otherwise qualified salespeople if you have several years of sales experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source new leads
- Follow up on leads to find new customers
- Use negotiation skills to close deals
- Communicate with existing customers about their needs
- Use CRM software to increase customer retention
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Sales experience; B2B sales experience preferred
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to use CRM software such as Salesforce
- Excellent multitasking skills