What Is a Front Desk Agent and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Front Desk Agent?
How to Become a Front Desk Agent?
How to Be a Good Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent Job Description Sample
With this Front Desk Agent job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Front Desk Agent position.
We are seeking a friendly, service-oriented front desk agent to join our growing staff. In this position, you will take reservations, check guests in and out of rooms, direct calls, and answer all guests' questions and concerns. You must be personable and have outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests with a welcoming smile and friendly demeanor
- Perform all guest check-in and check-out procedures
- Obtain or confirm guest information, assign rooms, activate and distribute keys, etc.
- Collect payment for room charges and other fees
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate personnel
- Check and send emails
- Make and confirm reservations
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace at all times
- Inform guests of hotel amenities and offerings
- Be informed and up-to-date on all types of room accommodation and availability
- Communicate with housekeeping, room service and security staff as necessary
- Provide local information on restaurants, special sites, activities, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems calmly and effectively
- Notify management of any serious issues that you cannot resolve
- Take and deliver messages for guests
- Store luggage and valuables as needed
- Assist with and book tours and activities for guests
- Maintain a friendly, personable disposition
- Perform various clerical tasks as needed (sorting mail, paper filing, etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in customer service and/or hospitality industry preferred
- Experience using hotel booking software a plus
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Personable and outgoing when dealing with guests
- Professional phone demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain calm, polite, and patient in stressful situations
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to connect with guests and consistently give them a positive customer experience