What Is a Financial Analyst and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is Financial Analyst Job?
What Is a Financial Analyst Job Description?
What Do Investment Analyst's Daily Job Duties?
How Many Hours Do Financial Analysts Work Per Week?
Top 10 Skills Needed for Financial Analysts
Do your skills line up with what hiring managers are looking for when they are reviewing resumes for a Financial Analyst position? ZipRecruiter scanned over 9,000,000 job postings and created a list of the most commonly required abilities for Financial Analysts below.
Based on our assessment, mastering the skills below and listing them on your resume is critical in getting your Financial Analyst job application to the top of the stack.
- Financial Analyst Experience
- Budget Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Communication Skills
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Planning
- Certified Public Accountant
- Financial Statements
Financial Analyst Job Description Sample
With this Financial Analyst job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Financial Analyst position.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst who will bring energy and expertise to our operations. In this role, you will collaborate with our accounting team to develop company strategies on costs, profit projections, and investments. Your primary responsibilities will be to gather and analyze company data, forecast revenues, expenditures, and profit margins, and create reports for upper management that describe your findings. You may also be required to present your report to board members and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather relevant data for each project goal
- Study and analyze financial data for financial performance and trends
- Evaluate current capital expenditures and depreciation
- Explore potential investment opportunities
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information
- Prepare reports and projections based on this analysis to provide financial models and forecasts
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field; a Master's of Business Administration (MBA) a plus
- 2+ years of experience in financial forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Crystal reports a plus