What Is a Finance Manager and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Do Finance Managers Do?
What Is the Role of a Finance Manager in an Organization?
How to Become a Finance Manager
Finance Manager Job Description Sample
With this Finance Manager job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Finance Manager position.
We are seeking a skilled, experienced finance manager to join our growing organization. In this position, you will play a key role in the funding strategy and the long-term financial security of our organization. You will investigate new ways to improve our profitability and analyze markets and market trends for opportunities on which we may capitalize. Strong communication skills, leadership, business acumen, and experience are required to aid in the long-term growth and success of our company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Simulate various financial scenarios through financial modeling and analytics to determine the best course of action
- Strong interpersonal and management abilities to build consensus and lead growth
- Regularly present potential opportunities, scenarios, and possible outcomes to the management team
- Direct and manage the preparation and publication of departmental and organization financial documents and reports
- Understand the big picture while managing the day-to-day financial details
- Collaborate with management on initiating, developing, and executing possible funding strategies
- Review financial and legal documentation to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Analyze current finances and develop budgets for the following period/year
- Develop or recommend viable solutions for problems or situations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in a financial management position
- Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and financial management software
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on multiple high-value projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills