What Is a Customer Service Coordinator and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Is a Customer Service Coordinator?
Customer service coordinators handle client inquiries and complaints about the company’s products and services. They take calls or respond to emails from clients, answering questions, checking on order processing, or resolving complaints or disputes. When the issue is beyond the authority of the customer service coordinator, they discuss the problem with a supervisor to find an acceptable solution for the client. The primary goal of customer service coordinators is to ensure client satisfaction. Qualifications for this position include a high school diploma or equivalent and experience in retail or other customer service industry.
How to Become a Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator Job Description Sample
With this Customer Service Coordinator job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for a Customer Service Coordinator role.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced individual to join our retail company as a Customer Service Coordinator. As an integral part of our customer service team, you will oversee customer service activity for both our physical and online operations by fielding customer questions and resolving issues in ways that produce satisfied, returning customers who will share their experiences with friends and family. You answer questions via email and through our social media accounts, develop and implement customer service procedures for staff to follow, and work with our marketing department to highlight positive customer experiences. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, or a relevant field, in addition to superb communication and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer customer questions via email and through our social media accounts
- Resolve customer complaints and issues
- Develop and implement customer service routines and processes for employees to follow
- Foster a customer-centric culture in keeping with our brand image
- Collaborate with our marketing department professionals to highlight positive customer experiences and grow the brand
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, or relevant field
- Professional experience in a marketing or high-level customer service role
- Experience facilitating presentations and internal training
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills