What Is a Customer Service Associate and How to Become One
Table of Contents
What Do Customer Service Associates Do?
Customer Service Associate Job Description Sample
With this Customer Service Associate job description sample, you can get a good idea of what employers are looking for when hiring for this position. Remember though, every employer is different and each will have unique qualifications when they hire for their Customer Service Associate position.
We are looking for a friendly and hard-working customer service associate to join our growing team. You will be responsible for answering all incoming calls and emails, fielding customer questions and complaints, and transferring potential leads to our sales team. As a customer service associate, you should have an outgoing and positive demeanor, a motivated, energetic work ethic, and have a track record of working well with others in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls and emails in an efficient manner
- Identify customer questions, concerns, and overall needs
- Provide accurate answers and solutions to customer queries
- Address customer complaints in a compassionate and patient manner
- Redirect customers to appropriate teams and/or departments as needed
- Help sales team generate leads, identify potential leads and forward to sales reps
- Check voicemail inboxes and return calls in a timely manner
- Develop professional relationships with ongoing customers through excellent customer service
- Follow-up with callers on complaint and/or question resolution status
- Collaborate with immediate team, other customer service teams, sales team, and other company departments to ensure overall customer and product satisfaction
- Meet or exceed call quotas and sales assist quotas, both personally and as a team unit
- Follow company communication procedures, policies, and guidelines at all times
- Perform each duty above with our customers’ satisfaction as the number one priority
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required Customer service experience is a plusFamiliarity with CRM systems is preferredExcellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and writtenFantastic phone skills, i.e. well-spoken, excellent active listening skillsAbility to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with customers, and internally with company team members and other departments)Motivated, energetic, driven work ethicTime management skillsAbility to multitaskOrganizedOutgoing, friendly, compassionate personalityAbility to meet and/or exceed both call and sales assist quotas