Interested in working with the largest and most unique corpus of authentic human expression? Kanjoya Crane is looking for individuals with a passion for language and the skills to computationally model it.
At Kanjoya, we develop technologies that enable real understanding of the way people express themselves in text content. Our site, Experience Project (www.experienceproject.com), deeply enriches people’s lives by helping them make emotional connections with each other through story-telling. The connections made are so deep that 80% of our users say the site has changed their lives for the better. Our enterprise tool, Crane, develops models from Experience Project data that understand the nuances of emotion in the English language, spanning all demographics and topics.
As a key member of our team, you will
* help lead a small (<10 person), fast-moving, highly collaborative effort
* direct research endeavors in addition to executing on high-profile client projects
We're looking for candidates who have:
* a passion for language analysis and linguistic variation
* familiarity with current NLP literature and trends
* experience with machine learning methods (MaxEnts, SVMs, etc.)
* sensitivity to different mediums of expression (Twitter, Facebook, customer support inquiries, etc.)
* industry experience architecting large-scale data analysis systems
Ideal candidates have a Ph.D. or Master's degree in Computer Science from a top university, and have expertise or experience in some or all of the following:
- natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, algorithms
- analyzing and processing large data sets (Hadoop, Cassandra, Pig)
- Python, NoSQL development with MongoDB and Redis
- transforming research results into applications that support business strategy
We have a great team working together in a fun, flexible, collaborative environment with a stocked kitchen, open vacation policy, and full medical, dental, vision coverage.
If this describes your skills and experience and the kind of team you’d like to be a part of, please send us your resume along with a cover letter describing your background, strengths, and interests.