Job Summary: Responsible for establishing new clients and cultivating existing client base through networking, gaining appointments, presentations and proposals. Daily in-person and telephone contact with clients and prospects regarding sales of new and existing Shentel products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate profitable sales and achieve quotas from new and existing customers.
- Generate new customers (telephone contact, community involvement, group presentations, cold calls).
- Provide service to existing customers.
- Promote company image through community involvement, trade shows, civic organizations, chambers of commerce, presentations and marketing input.
- Prepare contracts and correspondence, which may include configuring and pricing systems or service.
- Review and is knowledgeable of current, new, and competitive products and service.
- Maintain general knowledge of telecommunications industry.
- May design and calculate price for communications systems.
- Responsible for following, supporting, and enforcing all internal control processes and procedures.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Level: Business-to-business sales.
- Skills Summary: Good interpersonal, networking, communication skills and self-motivational skills. Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and staff.
- Special Requirements: Excellent presentation skills, ability to read, understand, and disseminate technical information. Valid driver’s license.
- Sales techniques as well as extensive knowledge of products and service.
b. Computer knowledge/experience required in MS Office and
contact management programs.
Shentel (NASDAQ: SHEN) is a leader in delivering a broad range of telecommunication solutions for over 100 years. We have operations in multiple states in the southeast and provide our customers with wireline and wireless telephone, cable TV, Internet and alarm monitoring. Shentel is a wireless affiliate of Sprint. We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package that includes up to an 8% company contribution towards your 401(k). Visit www.shentel.jobs to apply.
View all jobs at Shentel | Company website