Purpose of Position
The Allocation Analyst will be responsible for creating actions and purchase orders for initial buys and reorders for our catalog, web and resale merchandise. The Analyst will work closely with Planners, Merchandising and Sales staff. The associate will effectively use the replenishment system and reporting services to increase knowledge about business trends, category and item performance; to achieve fill rate standards and revenue growth. The individual must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them in accordance with the challenges of a rapidly changing retail environment. It will be helpful to have some knowledge of planning, supply chain and inventory systems.
The primary focus is reviewing forecasted trends, creating Purchase Orders and sending requisitions for Domestic items to vendors, running standard IM reports, analyzing data drawing appropriate conclusions and recommending actions to the Planners.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned. Management also reserves the right to change or modify position descriptions from time-to-time to meet the needs of the business with or without notice).
- The individual must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to prioritize them in accordance with the challenges of a rapidly changing retail environment.
- Continuously and consistently execute scheduled daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure reports come out accurately and as scheduled
- Reconcile report data against other reports and/or financial statements to ensure data integrity
- Catch and correct processing errors or bad data points before releasing the reports
- Responsible to manage Back Orders, receipt flow and timely deliveries
- Responsible to coordinate and communicate with Inventory Management department on all initial and re-buy information, shipping, production and back order status
- Create Actions – Work IPR Create Requisitions
- Building New item forecasting worksheets for planners
- Update Warehouse Allocations
- Create standard weekly reports, analyze, draw conclusions, share results with team, data input into standard IM reports
- Special Projects by Request
- When creating actions, the AA needs to ensure that all MOQs are met.
- When creating requisitions, the AA needs to determine how to group the actions to meet all required MOQs.
- Making suggestions to improve processes, reporting services reports, or IM standard reports
- When building new item forecast worksheet, need to know category/sub category, new item flag. These attributes indicate how to group items on the forecasting sheet.
- Make quality inventory & purchase recommendations to Merchants & Planners.
- Analyzes sales & inventory levels to ensure that reorder recommendations made by the replenishment system reflect the sales trend & turnover targets.
- Proofing, Generating reports, sharing data, providing analytical results, Data input on standard IM forms, discuss supplier issues/concerns, discuss specific direction with regard to releasing actions
- New Item Forecast worksheet needs to be populated with all required data – there may be missing or late quote sheets, missing data on quote sheets, data changes that must be made to the worksheets, spreadsheet formatting issues, Reporting Services report issues. Solutions require working with Product development, Planners, IM Admins, and/or IT.
- When creating requisitions, the AA needs to determine how to group the actions to meet all required MOQs. This may require going to the Planners if meeting a MOQ requires an over-buy.
- May need to review F21, analyze the business needs, and communicate with Suppliers when they request a ship date change.
- Reviewing POs in VendorNet, knowing when it’s okay to accept a date change or quantity change
Required Position Skills
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Word & Excel, AS400 or Ecometry & (SAP)
- Computer skills in MS Office required
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are essential
- Acts with strong sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs
- Maintains a collaborative partnership with all departments and team members
- Makes quick, intelligent fact-based decisions
- Ability to work alone and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities and knowledge of demand planning process with large Retailers
- Experience using an ERP statistical software package
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and Team building skills
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory.
- Desire to develop and grow within the organization
- Passionate about people, culturally sensitive, develops and motivates others, innovative, energetic, organized, disciplined and focused
- Focus on the Customer. . . Seek to understand the customer and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the Company.
- Attend to Details . . . Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
- Take Responsibility . . . Demonstrate personal ownership to tasks and follow through to get the required results.
- Apply Professional, Product or Technical Expertise . . . Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional or product expertise to everyday situations.
- Foster Teamwork . . . Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Communicate Effectively . . . Clarify and provide information so that coworkers and customers understand and can take action.
- Fluency in English is required, additional language ability is a bonus
- Ability to read, speak and write English
- Must be able to think freely and make decisions on own pertaining to job responsibility
- Able to perform duties without great supervision
- Ability to keep calm, responsive and friendly under pressure
- Able to handle a variety of different tasks at once as well as challenges that may arise with customers, associates, and/or vendors
- Knows when to request help or assistance from supervisor
Do you know that the pet industry is $ 51 billion and growing? Do you know that the pet industry has grown every year for the last 15 years and is one of the only industries to post consistent growth during difficult economic times? Do you know that many economic experts consider the pet industry to be recession-resistant because of the devotion that pet "parents" show their extended family members?
PetEdge is a nationwide wholesale distributor and manufacturer of professional quality pet care supplies and equipment. We have trend setting products at unbeatable prices with eye-catching retail packaging. We are a leading B2B provider of pet products for independent retailers and pet care professionals. Groomers, kennels, veterinarians, breeders, and active enthusiasts have access to over 12,000 national brands and exclusive PetEdge brand products.
PetEdge is a family-owned company with the mission "To make PetEdge the only company our customers would want to do business with and the only company that our associates would want to work for."
We are a leading company within the healthy and growing pet industry with headquarters in Beverly, MA. PetEdge markets to pet care professionals and retailers through a combination of catalogs, e-commerce, and a sales force.
PetEdge offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, an employee discount and much more. We have a business casual work environment along with a talented team of associates.
If you are interested in being part of a team environment and working in a dynamic, exciting company, where our associates take great pride in our workplace to help us be the best that we can be, then please visit career opportunities at www.PetEdge.com for a complete list of all of our open positions.